Thursday, January 10, 2013

Upcycled etched glass vase

We love to make pizza and consequently I have a lot of empty pizza sauce jars on my hands.  They are a great size a shape for vases, so I love to think of new ideas to "prettify" them.

For a sweet Valentine vase:
  • I use My Digital Studio's Full Heart Punch and imported it to my e-cutter software (Did you know that the .svg files in My Digital Studio 2 can be imported and used with your e-cutter?!  They can!) 
  • I used my e-cutter to then cut the heart shape out of self-adhesive vinyl.  
  • I applied the vinyl to my jar and then applied etching cream* over the stencil.  *Follow the instructions on the etching cream and be extra cautious as this is a highly caustic chemical.


If you don't have My Digital Studio (why don't you?!) or an e-cutter you can still do this project easily - here's how:
  • Cut a piece of adhesive vinyl sized to wrap around the jar
  • Use the Small Heart punch (117193) and punch the shape into self-adhesive vinyl in a random pattern
  • adhere the vinyl to your jar
  • use etching creme as directed on package
Check out these amazingly cute Valentine's kits, too!  Only available through January 21, 2013.

Valentine's Specials












    1 comment:

    1. For a simple and cute token I prefer to give etched glass for all of my friends whom are going to celebrate their birthday. It seems this is a good idea.

      ReplyDelete