Saturday, January 12, 2013

Creative Journal

The latest design challenge for My Digital Studio is to design a creative journal.  One of my New Year's goals was to spend more time away from my computer and more time writing (a hobby of mine), so I was excited to add a little extra motivation with this challenge.

My journal cover was created entirely using My Digital Studio.  I selected the "journal" size option, which is 6 1/4" x 8 1/4."  When you're finished with your design you can order a hardcover, bound journal for only $19.95 US which comes with double-sided lined journal pages, customizable spine, and front and back covers in a matte finish. Choose from chocolate polka dot, black, or red polka dot for the end sheets when you upload your customized journal covers.


Techniques:
To get the look of a wrapped journal, I layered a square punch shape with the Convention 2012 Curvy Frame Punch and filled the punches with designer series paper from the Attic Boutique designer kit. I used the drop shadow on the Curvy Frame Punch and increased its opacity to about 75%.

To get the look of string wrapped around the journal, I layered the Baker's Twine several times and then adjusted some of the strands diagonally.

Downloads used:  I used primarly three of the designer kits to create this cover.  Attic Boutique, Afternoon Daydream, and Fan Fair.  Click on the images below for details of all the wonderful bits included in these kits:


Fan Fair Photobook Template -- Digital Download 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment