Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pals Blog Hop





Glad you could join us for some fun fall crafting with the Stampin' Pretty Pals! You've probably hopped over from Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!, I'm stop number 25 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for Stampin' Up! fall projects! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track

Fall is my favorite season.  I particularly love cooking and baking - it's finally cool enough to use the oven and enjoy all the delicious comfort food that I adore.  One of my favorite cooking magazines is Cooks Country.  The little rooster from the A Fitting Occasion stamp set combined with the gingham prints in the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper reminded me of the magazine layout.

So with that inspiration, I decided to make a gift box to hold various treats that I might bake for a friend.
  • The box is up-cycled from a cardboard pantry item box 
  • The crinkly brown paper is from a regular brown paper bag
  • I stamped the rooster right on the Designer Series Paper
  • I stamped the flower image from the Perfectly Preserved stamp set right on my brown paper bag
  • I gently un-assembled my box so I could lay it out flat and cut the top edge with my Adorning Accents Edgelit die
  • The Core-dinations Card Stock is embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing folder - it adds such a great rustic touch
  • Use sticky strip to hold everything together!







Supplies:
Stamps:  A Fitting Occasion, Perfectly Preserved, Chamomile (Stampin' Wheel)
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso Core-dinations Card Stock, Orchard Harvest DSP, More Mustard CS,
Very Vanilla CS
Ribbon:  Linen Thread
Tools:  Stampin' Around Handle, Big Shot, Wood Grain Embossing Folder, Floral Frames Framlits, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die




Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Katie McGloin at Just Fun Stamping, stop number 26 on the Pals Fall Flair Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
 

     
  1. Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
  2. Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
  3. Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX
  4. Claire Crotteau-Hutt at stamppaperscissors
  5. Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap With Susan
  6. Nicole Picadura at Scraps and Stamps
  7. Bobbi at My Therapy
  8. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  9. Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
  10. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
  11. Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
  12. Lynn at Cattaildesigns
  13. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
  14. Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
  15. Naki Rager at ...notes from Naki
  16. Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
  17. Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
  18. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
  19. Kim Luithle at Kim's Stampin Stuff
  20. Lori Martin at The Rejoicing Papercrafter
  21. Diane Roberts at scoreatfourandaquarter
  22. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  23. Kris Kilcoyne at Kween Bee Kreations
  24. Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
  25. Jennifer Takacs at Stamped in Full
  26. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping

16 comments:

  1. This is really great, Jen! Love the up-cycling ideas, and these colors and textures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, Jenn! Love all the details and "recycled" ideas! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just full of ideas! Jen, you do such wonderful projects! I am just dying to peek inside now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so cute. Love all the details. Someone will love receiving this box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful packaging for your tasty treats. Your friends will be doubly blessed to receive this from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and clever! I love fall too...the cool weather, the colors...you captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable bag for treats or gifts. i'm diggin' your new pink blog background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bag, love the chicken and so would my older sister Lenora! Thank you for posting this on this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn.... wonderful treat box. I'm a Cooks Country fan too! I'm with you for Autumn. Let the baking begin. Have you every found the rooster in the magazine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Rae - my mom and I were just discussing the elusive Cooks Country rooster. No, I have never found that darn thing!

      Delete
  10. This is really, really great! I love the whole concept of the upcycling anyway, and you've just made this super-special. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just toooo cute...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jen that is so cute. I love all the layers and the rooster. I'm sure your friend will be very delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Love the colors and textures

    ReplyDelete