Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gray Gables - A Digital "Old House" Journal

I'm so pleased and honored to be the guest "stamper" of Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty today!  Mary is such an inspiration to me with her impeccable style and she's also just the sweetest person you could ever meet!  I love that I signed up to this Stampin' Up! adventure with her as my "fearless leader."  She's the best!

Mary asked me to feature a My Digital Studio project - which I am all over because I am huge fan and avid user of My Digital Studio.

This is an "Old House Journal" to catalog and record the love affair I have with my house.  It was built in 1891 and is probably one the oldest houses in the little Michigan town where I live.  This is the cover page for my journal.

In the video I show you some great tricks and techniques to give your projects more of a "wow" factor.  The first photo is the "before" and the second photo shows the completed page, employing the techniques I demonstrate in the video.



Click the photos for a closer look!








This project will be a long one - and may never be complete, but that is one of the coolest things about MDS: I can make these pages one by one as we renovate, live, move, and enjoy our life in this sweet place that I'm blessed to call my home.  (It also means that I don't have to pull out a bunch of supplies and then clean up the mess after making these pages).

I'll be making a category page on my blog to add journal pages as I complete them.  I hope you'll keep checking back for progress on my home as we update & renovate!

MDS Downloads used in this project:
Convention 2012 Photo Book Template (130971)
Sunset Serenade Digital Kit (124229)
Get it Done Digital Kit (129924)
Urban Garden Designer Series Paper (125780)

Are you on the fence about MDS? Do you have questions?  Please, contact me - leave a comment or email me and I would be delighted to talk to you about it!

If you're ready to give it a try - try it free!  Click the button below to start a free 30 day trial.

MDS 2 Free Trial

No comments:

Post a Comment