Friday, September 21, 2012

Beach Grass

I love doing digital challenges.  This week the My Digital Studio Challenge is to use 10 or more pictures in a single page layout.  This one was a stretch for me because I like to start with one particularly good photo and design around it so that the focus is on my photo.  I was able to still accomplish this I think - showcasing my favorite photo of the ten and the using the other nine as "supporting photos."





Tips & Tricks: 

Natural Composition Overlays is a great stamp brush set for creating cool textured backgrounds.  I used three layers in different colors and opacities to create the "grass mat" look on this page.

Natural Composition Overlays Stamp Brush Set -- Digital Download

Photo Stack:  This a fun way to give a "realistic" look to your virtual page.  Layer the same photo and frame several deep.  Rotate each layer a little bit and add drop shadow to make them look like a stack of photos.



Lovely Little Labels:  Labels are such a sweet way to add a little extra something to make your page look finished.  This designer kit comes with a stamp brush set and coordinating punches.

Lovely Little Labels Kit -- Digital Download 

1 comment: