Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Digital Studio Color Combo 1 Challenge

This week at MyDigitalStudio.net the challenge is a color combo challenge.  You may not know, but nearly unlimited color-combinations are available as suggestions for your project in the "choose color" option in My Digital Studio.

Watch this quick video below to see how to access them!



This is the page I created for this challenge:  I realize it's an Easter themed page and we're actually fast approaching Christmas, but I like to start my design with a photo - and these were the photos I liked best for this color combination. 


Tips & Tricks:

Designing around 1 point of inspiration:   I like to start my pages with a great photo.  In this series of photos I loved the texture of the bark on our pear tree and I wanted to duplicate that somehow in my page.  Using the "Bunch of Backgrounds" stamp brush set, I found the perfect crackled wood-look background.  An added bonus was the tie-in with cracked eggs for Easter and the cute sentiment.

Re-coloring Stamps:   I love this new feature in MDS 2!  The border stamp I used was recolored to incorporate all the colors in my color-combo theme.  It adds a more fun and festive look to this page!  I have a video tutorial posted here.

Favorite Downloads:

Bunch of Backgrounds:  If there's a background or overlay stamp set, I will buy it.  They are infinitely versatile.

Bunch Of Background Stamp Brush Set -- Digital Download
A Good Egg:  This is an adorable and inexpensive stamp brush set with super cute elements that can be used for many other occasions.

A Good Egg Stamp Brush Set -- Digital Download 










My Digital Studio Express Trial

1 comment:

  1. great use of the colors! love the photos, of course.
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete