Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Using MDS to make E-cards

As crafters I think many of us tend to think of things in the tangible, rather than virtual.  MDS can accomplish both by having your cards, scrapbook pages, journals, and board books printed by the excellent Stampin' Up! print service.  But, it's fun to use MDS for just virtual projects, too.

I love making birthday cards to post on my friends' Facebook pages.  It definitely stands out from the typical birthday wishes!

To do this, I usually start with a postcard template since I only need one page.

Here's a sample of one I created for one of my dearest friends who lives very far away...



I made this one using the gorgeous Photobook Template World Traveler.  She lives in Hawaii - so I brought her a little closer using a tag and the "Hawaii" punch from the Fifty Nifty digital download.  I love all the little map markers and trajectories - I marked our favorite spot to grab a beer together.

Have some fun making virtual cards for your friends to post on social media sites.  They will love it!

World Traveler Photobook Template -- Digital Download

Fifty Nifty Kit -- Digital Download 

1 comment: