Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Winter of Our Content

The title of my page is a nod to my favorite of Shakespeare's "Histories", The Tragedy of Richard the Third.  He was my favorite villain - I did a paper on him in college and there's been some news lately that archeologists may have found his tomb - exciting stuff, really, but I'm getting off topic.  The famous quote I'm butchering is "Now is the winter of our discontent..."

What I have is a winter themed page for my Old House Journal.  I used a sketch of my home in the winter time that was drawn circa 1970 and used by the former owners of my house as a Christmas card.  I also scanned in some old documents from our abstract to use for background papers.  Isn't that cool?  MDS really opens the door for creativity!



Tips and tricks for this page:

  • Journaling:  write what you're feeling - describe what makes this moment special to you and journal in non-traditional spots on your page- like over or around a photo, or right on your background.
  • Stamps:  there are so many cool little bits of stuff in these stamp sets - add one, two, three - don't feel like you have stick with one set.  Layer them to peek out behind photos.  Put them on photos.  Have them hang off the edges.
  • Color match:  to create the torn edge at the top of my page I used color match so the "Torn Edges" stamp would match the color of my "Convention 2012" designer series paper exactly.  
  • Embellishments and Photobook Templates:  Photobook templates are a great way to get a huge amount of content to play with!  The ones I used for this page come with so many beautiful embellishments it will keep you designing for many projects to come.

Photobook Templates used in this project:

Back to School Digital Ensemble:  this is an AMAZING kit full of such cool embellishments, papers, stamps, template...a must have.

Back To School Ensemble -- Digital Download
 Conventional 2012:  the chalkboard backgrounds, scroll-work frames, and gorgeous punch shapes are a fabulous addition to your MDS arsenal.

Convention 2012 Photobook Template -- Digital Download
 
 
 Fan Fair:  The embellishments alone are worth the price of admission here.

Fan Fair Photobook Template -- Digital Download






No comments:

Post a Comment