Monday, August 20, 2012

Jar of Sunshine - PPA Sketch Challenge 141

This is my entry in the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge - PPA 141.







PPA141 Sketch Challenge

I think the Perfectly Preserved stamp set is so versatile and fun!  Sunbeam motifs are very trendy, so I decided to fill my jar with a little bit of sunshine!



  • I used my sewing machine set at a 3.0 stitch length around the card edge and also for the edge of the 3rd layer - which I also reverse stitched and then went forward again to make an uneven zig zag for a rustic look.
  • The sun is punched out with the boho blossom punch
  •  the sun beams I made by stamping the jar image on daffodil delight dsp and then cutting it into diagonal beams.  
  • I removed every other one and then they all fit nice and neatly inside the jar
  • The two middle sentiments are both stamped in More Mustard - the second is a "shadow" stamp, meaning I inked up my stamp, stamped the first and then stamped the second without re-inking (for a lighter color).
  •  I used my paper snips to trim out the jar and lid - but the coordinating framelits for this stamp set would make this job much easier









Supplies:
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Crumb Cake CS, Comfort Cafe DSP, Whisper White CS, Daffodil Delight CS, Early Espresso CS, Daffodil Delight Patterns DSP
Ribbon:  Linen Thread
Tools:  Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Boho Blossom Punch


2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a jar of sunshine to brighten your day! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is absolutely adorable! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete