Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gift Bows Part I

I love beautifully wrapped gifts and decorated packages.  The Kraft Gift Boxes are great little boxes for creating darling packages for your gifts.

My next 3 posts will show 3 different styles of bows that are so easy to make and, of course, pretty!  This little curved bow is super cute and feminine.

  •  I drew a bow shape that I liked and then made a template
  •  I scored my Designer Series Paper and folded it so I would have an even fold to cut the template out.
  •  I used a temporary adhesive (dotto) to stick the template on the paper so it wouldn't shift while I cut it.
  •  Once it's cut out, wrap the ends of the bow to the center and use snail adhesive to secure them.
  •  Wrap a 1/2" wide scrap around the middle and secure with Snail adhesive
  •  Cut flags at each end of the "ribbon tail"
  •  Adhere the bow to the ribbon tail with Snail Adhesive




Look Closer!  You can click on the images above to see them enlarged and the images below to see them in my online shop.



Tips:  I used the Mixed Medley stamp set and Versamark Ink to stamp the snow flakes on the box.  I wrapped a 12" x 3/4" strip around the box and it doesn't quite meet - I put the circle sticker (from the Merry Moments kit) in the center to cover the ends.

Product Highlights:

Merry Moments Simply Scrappin' Kit:  The beautiful paper and stickers make gorgeous gift wrap, bows, and tags for gift-giving.

Merry Moments Simply Scrappin'



Kraft Gift Boxes:  A perfect size and a great "blank-slate" for creative decorating.

Kraft Gift Box - by Stampin' Up!
 

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous bow! thanks so much for the tutorial, too.
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete