Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pals Summer Sunshine Blog Hop




It's time for some fun in the sun with the Pals! Glad you could join us for the Pals Summer Sunshine Blog Hop! You've probably hopped over from Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers, I'm stop number 12 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for summer themed Stampin' Up! projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track.

My Summer Sunshine project is a scrapbook page made with My Digital Studio and one of the latest new digital kits "Spring Break II."  It was love at first sight for me with this kit - it is so much my style.  

I used a picture of my baby sister, April, caught in a moment of flower sniffing abandon.  I knew the combination of this photo (one of my favorites of her) and the designer template included with the kit would be perfect.  If you're unfamiliar with the digital templates - it simply means I didn't do any work other than insert a photo.  This lovely page was already created for me.

In case you suspect that I'm some literary scholar, I will confess that although I do love poetry, I am not well read enough to have known the poem that I picked for this page (a play on words of my sister's name).  I simply searched the internet for "poems about April" and found the perfect poem for my page.

Click the photo to enlarge


Digital Elements Used:  Spring Break II Digital Kit (130852)

Spring Break II Kit -- Digital Download






 Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Kimberly Deacon at Delightful Stampin stop number 13 on the Pals Summer Sunshine Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!

    

  1. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
  2. Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
  3. Angie Blake at AngiesMusings
  4. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
  5. Marian Kay at All Aboard the Crafting Train
  6. Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap With Susan
  7. Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards
  8. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
  9. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  10. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  11. Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
  12. Jen Takacs at Stamped in Full
  13. Kimberly Deacon at Delightful Stampin
  14. Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
  15. Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner
  16. Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
  17. Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
  18. Kim Luithle at Kims Stampin Stuff
  19. Lori Martin at The Rejoicing PaperCrafter
  20. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  21. Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the Max
  22. Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
  23. Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp

19 comments:

  1. Great job! What a perfect picture for this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic MDS scrapbook page. You are very talented, Jen, with MDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that Pals are using MDS on the hop. This is an exquisite page . . . every detail well thought out! Your baby sister is lovely! Hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment. MDS is pretty exciting. I can't really take credit for the page - that's the genius designers at Stampin' Up!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this page. Great layout and choice of pattern. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The layout was all pre-done. I just supplied the photo. MDS is so easy!

      Delete
  5. STUNNING!! Between the gorgeous picture of your sister, and your beautiful page layout, you need to enter this into some kind of contest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take credit for either though - a much better photographer than me took the photo and Stampin' Up! designed the page. See how easy MDS is?

      Delete
  6. Jen, this is beautiful!! You did an amazing job on this page. Very stunning to look at and amazing with the MDS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikki! If you haven't tried MDS yet, you should!

      Delete
  7. Okay, you've got me...I am going to HAVE to get onto MDS, theis looks so beautiful and as a template can be done in a snap! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've tempted you into to the wonderful world of MDS! It's so cool.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful in every way! Such a joyous page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! Great job with MDS ... it is such a GREAT program and your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your MDS project. I am just starting out and have so much to learn. Hopefully I can get as good as you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet page! YOur photo fits it beautifully or the other way around! Nice job! Thank you for posting for this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete