Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 246


 

I had to enter the Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week.  I already had this card made and was so surprised to see the sketch was the same layout I had put together.   I love it when things are easy!


The postage stamp punch is new to me and I had fun experimenting with how to use it.  Here I stamped the bee and flower image from the Nature's Pace stamp set and cropped it with the postage stamp punch.


The pleated strip was made by attaching two long strips of Patterns Designer Series paper together and then folding them into pleats in a kind of random way - not entirely straight.  I stitched it down the middle to hold it to the card and to hold the pleats down.  The zig zag like stitch at the very edge is one of many decorative stitches on my sewing machine and I thought it resembled the edge of a honeycomb.



The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Nature's Pace, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper:  Whisper White CS, Sahara Sand CS, Soft Suede CS, Summer Starfruit CS, Patterns Neutral Designer Series Paper, Patio Party DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso 
Ribbon/Embellishments:  Vintage Trinkets, Early Espresso Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Postage Stamp Punch, Boho Blossom Punch






Nature's Pace - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!




 



Shop my online store 24/7 - click here

Like what you see?  I have more at my former blog here.

4 comments:

  1. Jen I love it !! Good job !!! Your cards are also Beauitful !! Thank for sharing !
    Pal Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stitching! Such a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card, Jennifer! I love that you already had it made. The Baker's Twine tied around the pleated DSP is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. I really just enjoy looking at it just as a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete