Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fine Feathers

Here's a stamp set that I admired since it first appeared in the Stampin' Up! catalog last year, but I couldn't figure out how I would use it.  It kept calling to me, though.  I'm thrilled with it:  it's beautiful and versatile.  It can be used for masculine or feminine cards with ease and I definitely see potential for Fall and Thanksgiving themed cards.

Fine Feathers Clear-Mount Stamp Set

Here's a masculine card using Fine Feathers and the Dude You're Welcome stamp sets.




  • "Dictionary" background stamp is stamped in Smoky Slate on Whisper White Card stock
  • 2 Feathers and sentiment are stamped with Black Staz-On ink over the background
  • 1 Feather is stamped with Black Staz-On on Smoky Slate and then snipped out and adhered with dimensionals
  • I tied a vintage faceted button with a piece of linen thread and placed it over the "o" - if you want a spot of color on this monochrome card, a brightly colored button would look very cool, too.





 





1 comment:

  1. I haven't really been a fan of those feathers til I saw your card. You really showcased them well! I agree that Dictionary background stamp is a super replacement to offset the retirement of the 'wordy' paper we had.
    Really great job on this!

    ReplyDelete