Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Leaf Hunt!

I used the MyDigitalStudio.Net challenge this week to showcase my love of Fall.  It is my favorite season of the year.  My son's school field trip to gather leaves for their leaf collections was the perfect subject for this great layout.





























Tips & Tricks:

Layers:  I used the square punch, resizing it and rotating each layer slightly for the stacked layered look.  There were so many gorgeous papers - this is a fun way to work a bunch them in without the busyness overwhelming what should be your main focus:  the photos.


Text to Shape:  Using the new "Freeform" option in your design center you can attach text to shapes and lines to frame your page.  See my video here.


Crop Shape:  Use this cool feature to crop a stamp to the perfectly sized image of your punch - like I did with the acorn punch in this photo.  The punch is from the "Wonderfall" kit and the stamp is from "Perfectly Preserved."


No comments:

Post a Comment